The first of many delightful grilled cheese recipes...
Makes 2 Sandwiches
Takes ~ 30 minutes to prep and cook
4 Slices of Bread
1.5 tbsp Butter, Melted
- *Optional* Pinch of Garlic Salt
- 1.5 tsp Sweet Jelly (we used jalapeño rhubarb but cranberry sauce or fig jam would work!)
- 2 Slices Marble Cheddar
- 2 Slices Monterey Jack Cheese (we grated ours - you can do as you like!)
- 1/2 Avocado, Sliced
- 1/2 Tomato, Sliced
- 4 Strips of Bacon
- Fire up the grill to heat up the stones! Once it gets to ~ 450 degrees Fahrenheit, start to cook the Bacon.
- While the BBQ is heating up, and the Bacon is cooking, slice (or grate) both Cheeses, the Avocado and Tomato.
- Melt Butter in microwave, then mix in the Garlic Salt for extra flavour.
- Brush the melted Butter mixture on one side of each slice of Bread.
- Once the Bacon is cooked to your liking, we can begin assembling the sandwiches! At this point, you can turn off the grill to save fuel! The stone will stay nice and hot for cooking.
- Spread some Sweet Jelly on the non-buttered side of a slice of Bread.
- Top with Monterey Jack Cheese, Avocado, Bacon, Tomato, Marble Cheese and another slice of Bread. Be sure that the buttered sides of the Bread are on the outside!
- Cook your sandwich on the stone and flip when the bottom is golden brown.