These personal pizzas are perfect for lunch!
Makes 2 Pizzas
Takes about 45 min to make (including dough rising and cooking)
- 1 Recipe Quick Pizza Dough (see below)
- 1/2 cup Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1 Large Tomato
- ~20 Mini Bocconcini
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 - 5 Fresh Basil Leaves
Quick Pizza Dough Ingredients:
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 3/4 cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Salt
** if you don't feel like making Pizza Dough you can use a store bought pre-made crust.
- In a large bowl mix together 1 cup of the flour with the Yeast, Sugar, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Thyme and Salt.
- Add water and stir until mixed. Then slowly add the rest of the flour, kneading in the bowl until mixed together (if there is a little bit of free flour, that is OK)
- Let the dough rest in a warm space for 15 minutes. It needs to stay warm so we usually cover it with a tea towel.
- While we wait for the dough to rise, shred the mozzarella, slice the tomato into large chunks and tear apart the basil leaves
- Once the dough has risen, fire up the BBQ on high.
- Divide the dough into 2 and roll or press out until each is a 1/4"thick circle/oval
- Top each first with the Pasta Sauce, then the Mozzarella. After that arrange the tomato, bocconcini and basil on top and transfer to your hot BBQ!
- Allow to cook for 6-12 minutes (until dough is golden and cheese has melted)
- I should mention, if you don't have a Pizza Peel (like us) double spatula to get the pizzas on and off the grill